Are you a contractor, a subcontractor or a material or equipment provider? Have you ever filed a construction lien here in the State of Florida? Maybe you are new to Florida and you would like to know where to start. You are in the right place because SunRay’s ONLINE Construction Lien service easy to use and we will guide you every step of the way because we are Florida’s Lien and Notice experts!
First Things First, It’s the Law!
Do you work directly for the owner? If you answered ‘no’ to this question, please be aware! Florida requires that you first send a Notice to Owner before placing a lien! It’s the law! Without a Notice to Owner, you can NOT place a lien on a property if you don’t get paid! It’s also a good practice to send a Notice to Owner even if you do work directly for the owner. It lets them know you mean business when it comes to getting paid.
How Does It Work?
- First, sign up with SunRay to submit your requests.
- You will be able to import your customers with our convenient API right from your computer to ours!
- You can send a Notice to Owner to everyone in the hiring chain and we will keep track of all your deadlines.
- We will research the property owner and description for you.
- We will forward your request to a licensed attorney (another requirement in the State of Florida).
- We will record your lien with the County Recorder in your area.
- We will mail the filed lien.
- You will be able to view all recorded liens and notices in our database for future reference.
It’s that simple! If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact us or give us a call at 877.564.4404!