Disclaimer: The information on this webpage is NOT the same as legal advice. SunRay Construction Solutions, LLC is not an attorney or a law firm. We recommend that you consult with an attorney.
What is a Construction Lien?
A Construction Lien is a lien that may be recorded against real property in the event of non-payment.
Who has a right to file a lien?
Anyone who has worked on a construction project and has not been paid for their material, services, and/or labor should consider consulting with an attorney regarding filing a Construction Lien to secure their payment rights. The following may have lien rights:
- Contractors, subcontractors and sub-subcontractors
- Material or equipment suppliers
- Professionals such as Architects, Engineers, Land Surveyors and Interior Designers
With SunRay Construction Solutions, having your lien recorded couldn’t be easier!! SunRay’s research services will include the following:
- Forwarding your lien processing request to a Licensed attorney*
- Researching the property owner and the property description
- Recording the lien with the County Recorder
- Mailing the filed lien as instructed by attorney*
- Retaining records of all notices and liens on our database for easy future access
*For Liens processed in Florida